For people who have no health insurance or high deductible plans –
Community Clinical Services offers a sliding fee discount so that care is affordable.
Call us at 207-777-8202 if you are Looking for Affordable Medical Care.
Community Clinical Services (CCS) is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC). As an FQHC we are able to provide services to qualified individuals and their families by offering:
- A sliding-fee scale designed to make our care more affordable to patients who are income eligible. Starting 3/1/15, people with no health insurance and income below 100% of poverty receive a full discount. This means there is no fee.
- Assistance with the cost of brand name and generic drugs and medicines through the 340B Prescription Drug Program.
- Additional social services to meet needs of patients and families.
- Preventative health care and education to encourage patients to prevent illness before it happens.
Who can we help?
People who are residents of Lewiston, Auburn, Mechanic Falls, Poland, Minot, New Gloucester, Sabattus, Lisbon, Lisbon Falls, and Durham. You do not need to be a U.S. citizen. You will need to show us proof of your income for the past 3 months.
Do you have health insurance through an employer with high deductibles? Perhaps your insurance does not cover doctor’s office visits. We can assist by applying our sliding fee scale to your office deductibles or co-pays. All of our patients are eligible for our discount pharmacy program (340B).
Do you have Medicare coverage?
We can assist by applying our sliding fee scale to your co-insurance amounts and copay.
Are you without health insurance?
We can assist you by applying our sliding fee scale to your office charges. We can also help you apply for MaineCare and the Affordable Care Act (Marketplace/Obama Care) insurance.
Does the discount apply to other services?
The sliding fee discount only applies to the services provided by CCS practices and our outpatient primary care, pediatric dental and behavioral health services. CCS is affiliated with the St. Mary’s Health System. Because of St. Mary’s commitment to the community, the hospital has established a free care program. Most of CCS sliding fee patients also qualify for St. Mary’s free care program. NOT ALL OF the St. Mary’s Regional Hospital services are covered under the free care system. To apply for the free care program through St. Mary’s, contact the Patient Rep. office at 207-777-8202. It is important to remember that ancillary services will have charges that will be billed to you. You can discuss which services are covered and which services you will be responsible for with your Patient Representative.
What else do I need to know?
- This is not an insurance program
- There are no premiums to pay
- Your only cost is your part of the service fee after the sliding fee discount has been applied to your charges
- You have to keep your eligibility current by submitting the needed forms prior to the eligibility end date
- Payment Plans are available for balances that are due
You can find out more information from your Community Clinical Services provider or you can download the Sliding Fee Discount Letter and Application. If you need a provider, call the Physician Referral Line at 207-777-8899. We are accepting patients in all of our practices and look forward to helping you maintain and increase your health!
Community Clinical Services Administrative Office
B-Street Community Center
57 Birch Street, Suite 201
Lewiston, ME 04240
Management and Leadership
Joan Churchill, MS
FQHC Executive Director/CFO
Lynn Poulin, CAC
FQHC Executive Coordinator
Director, Behavioral Health Programming and SBHC
Director, Primary Care Services
CCS Psychiatry & Family Behavioral Practice Manager
CCS SBHC & OPC Practice Manager
Dr. Shashi Panozzo